Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is this thing on?

Dear Blog Readers,

This is my first entry and I have to say, I am a little nervous. I have been meaning to start a blog for a while, and now I'm finally taking the plunge. You may be asking yourself, "Why does a nice girl like you need a blog?" Honestly, sometimes, I just like a little adventure.

Almost daily, I have thoughts. And the good ones are funny and interesting. So, I will try my best to limit my blog to those, but I can't control them all so a few stragglers might slip by.

If you like a healthy blend of self-deprecating humor and tmi, then you've come to the right place. Through my musings, you will get to know me and how I see the world. So let's cut to the chase and get to the good stuff!

Tomorrow, I am beginning my journey on the Quantum Wellness 21-Day Cleanse. For the next three weeks, I will abstain from the Big 5:

1. Animal Products
2. Alcohol
3. Caffeine
4. Sugar
5. Gluten


I can sit here and try to justify why this is a great idea, but I won't. I needed something to commit to for Lent, and I needed something to start a blog about, so voila!

This all started because of Ellen. I wouldn't be cutting out these major 5 items from my life if I would just cut one - television. But I'm committed now so there's no turning back. For today, I will continue to enjoy my king cake, and we will let tomorrow worry about itself.

Happy Mardi Gras, ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kathy! And good luck on the cleanse. I did the same program August of 2008 after our two week trip to Italy. After two weeks of gelato, pasta and pizza, I needed to give my poor body a rest. Since I'm already a vegetarian, don't drink alcohol or caffeine much, it wasn't too bad. Gluten was the hard part, and giving up sugar is always a challenge. But I did feel great after several days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,

    I'm so happy to hear you had a positive experience. I never thought gluten was difficult for your body to process and I practically eat bread every day. So I'm kind of curious to see how I feel without it. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are doing this! It will be challenging but if you figure out your Big WHY you want to be healthy, then the HOW will follow - Hong

    ReplyDelete