Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 8: So what DO you eat?

I get asked that anytime I tell people about this cleanse. So I decided it would be fun to write down everything that I have eaten. And by fun, I mean I'm too tired to think of anything else right now.

So here is what I can remember:

A: apples, asparagus, almonds, agave nectar, avocados, artichoke,
     arugula, acorn squash

B: bananas, black eyed peas, brown rice, broccoli, baby corn, bamboo
     shoots, black beans, balsamic vinegar, blackberries, blueberries,
     barley, brazil nuts, brown rice pasta

C: carrots, corn, chickpeas, cilantro, cashews, cashew butter, celery,
     crackers (gluten-free), cabbage, collard greens

D: dates

E:
edamame, eggplant, endive

F:
flax seeds, filberts

G:
green bell peppers, green beans, grapefruit, grapes, garlic,
     guacamole

H:
herbal tea, hummus, hash browns

I:
iced herbal tea

J:

K:
kiwi

L:
lentils, lettuce, Lara bars

M:
mushrooms

N:
nuts

O:
okra, oatmeal, oranges, olives, onions

P:
peas, potatoes, popcorn, pears, peaches, protein powder, pecans

Q:
quinoa

R:
red beans, red bell peppers, rice cakes, raspberries

S: sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, strawberries, spinach, snow peas,
    salt, soy protein powder

T: tomatoes, tofu, tamale, tortillas chips, tabouleh, Tony
     Chachere's

U: unsweetened soy milk

V: vegetable stock, vegan butter, veggie sushi roll

W:
white rice, water, water chestnuts, waffle, white beans

X:
xantham gum

Y:
yellow squash

Z:
zucchini


Thinking about food is making me hungry.

So, you see. I have been able to eat. And this list is only what I have eaten and not what I can eat. There are certain items that I would love to eat but just aren't in season (like butternut squash, yum!). I think as I continue my cleanse, I will continue to update this list. I purchased an eggplant today, but I haven't eaten it, so it didn't make the cut. Better luck next week, eggplant. Okay, I'm incoherent. I need to practice what I blog (see Day 7).

Let me know if you think there are some things that I should try that I'm leaving out of my diet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment