Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog Tag

Dearest blog readers,

I apologize for my absence and lack of material to distract you from your daily tasks. I won't go into details as to why I haven't been a faithful blogger. Let me just borrow the words of Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) of the endearing You've Got Mail rom-com, "I'm in the middle of a project that needs tweaking." Yes, t-w-e-a-k-i-n-g, tweaking.

I am writing today because I was recently informed through reading a friend's lovely blog that I have been tagged in another blog! I am a frequent participant in phone tag, but I admit this is my first time playing blog tag. I'm not one for games, but since there are no winners or losers in this one, I'm in.

My friend Lori wrote on her blog the instructions:
The result of being tagged is that you have to open the first of your photo folders and select the 10th photo, then post along with the story behind it. 
Okay. Finder::: Pictures::: iPhoto Library::: Originals::: 2003::: Black and White::: P1010091.JPG:::


Tag! Fireplace, ottoman...? So not really the best photo to blog tag someone in. I could have cheated and picked a much more interesting photo but I'm not one for lying, unless it's about how cool you look in the new Kardashian swimsuit line.

So I will tell the story behind this one anyway. This was our living room in the Corral Canyon house, where I lived with 5 other ladies my senior year of college. You'll notice our living room is particularly tidy because we threw our roommate, Ali, a surprise birthday party that night!

Surprise! We cleaned!

Not only did we clean, but all of the guests wore black and white. We even tried to have food and as much decor as possible be black and white.

even Dingo is in black & white

We picked out an outfit for Ali so she stood out as the birthday girl. If this sounds familiar to you, it's because Oprah did the same thing. Except, I'm pretty sure her party did end up with a killer dance party like ours.
Happy Belated Birthday, Ali! 
(Remember how I didn't get you anything?)

So, Ali doesn't have a blog, not one that I know of at least. So for my fellow bloggers out there, you can start your own game of blog tag. You're it. I'm touching that safety zone... or did we call that home base or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment